DiBcom Observes Strong Increase in Sales of Components Destined for GPS Systems With Integrated Digital Television
Faced with competition from smartphone applications, GPS manufacturers are offering added value by incorporating new functions such as TV. DiBcom, the leading provider of multistandard Mobile TV solutions, is proud to announce that its technology is now integrated into leading brands Mio and Garmin Navigation devices to enable the reception of digital television. The company has witnessed a significant increase in sales of components for these devices.
??? New generation Sat Navs offer multimedia functionality.? Because drivers generally use their vehicle for familiar journeys, the navigation function of a GPS device in only used for approximately 6% of all trips. New Sat Nav devices must therefore offer additional feature to enable users to appreciate their utility during the remaining 94% of the time. Sat Navs have now become veritable mobile multimedia devices which combine satellite navigation, digital television and other multimedia options. (…)