The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is an easy-to-use high-quality driving recorder with a 3.0-inch LCD display. This dash cam comes with a wide range of top-notch features that enable it to accomplish two vital functions while mounted on your vehicle’s windscreen. First, it features a full High Definition 720p or 1080p in-car camera to record real-time traffic accidents and incidents. Secondly, the dash cam uses a GPS database to alert both mobile and fixed speed cameras. This Garmin Dash Cam 35 expert review will disclose to you the functions, features, design, and the usage of this dashboard camera to help you in deciding if the driving camera is worth purchasing.
Garmin Dash Cam 35: Features
1. 3.0-inch LCD Display
As stated earlier, the Garmin Dash Cam 35 comes with a 3-inch LCD screen for video playback. The dashboard camera also has the ability to record full 720p or 1080p HD videos. This dash cam also records in a continuous loop by capturing over old videos to ensure that all road incidents are always being recorded. If you would like to record longer videos, you will have to purchase Micro SD card with larger capacity (up to 64 GB, class 4).
2. GPS Technology
The inbuilt GPS technology enables the Garmin Dash Cam 35 to record important parameters like direction, location, date, time, and speed to keep you updated on when and where an incident happens.
3. G-Force Sensor
The inbuilt G-Force Sensor automatically saves all footage during, before, and after an incident. This feature ensures that all emergency events on the road are recorded as they happen.
4. Wide Angle Lens
This dashboard camera features a wide-angle lens to ensure all events on the entire road ahead are accurately captured in real time. You can also set the time and the date of your entire footage to correctly show when and where events happen. The wide viewing angles not only provide crisp, clear footage in low light but also in bright light.
5. The Snapshot Feature
The snapshot feature gives you the freedom to capture still images from outside or inside your car. You can also remove your Garmin Dash Cam from your car to capture close-up collision snapshots.
6. Easily Detectable by Red Light and Speed Cameras
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 comes with a warning feature to both red lights and speed cameras. This handy feature is available in different regions including Ireland, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany, and much more. Using the advanced GPS technology, this top-class dashboard camera provides real-time warming to different mobile and fixed speed cameras including Truvelo, Gatso, SPECS, Truvelo D-Cam, SpeedSpike, HADECS 3, Peek, Watchman, and SpeedCurb.
7. Collision Warning
This dashboard recorder also features a forward collision alert to warn you if you are driving very close to the automobile in front of you. This feature ensures that you always drive at a safer distance in the cases of traffic jams to avoid unnecessary collisions should the driver ahead of you decide to engage the reverse gear.
8. Expandable Memory
Apart from coming with a micro SD card of 4 GB, the Garmin Dash Cam 35 also accepts other memory cards of up to 64 Gigabytes.
9. Mac and PC Computer Video Playback
All the videos recorded by the Garmin Dash Cam 35 can be played back on the wide 3-inch LCD display as well as on any Mac or PC computer thanks to the free Garmin Dash Cam player software. The Garmin Dash Cam software is compatible with Windows 7 or any later versions like the Windows 8.0 or 8.1 versions. Additionally, this software runs perfectly on Mac Operating System X Mavericks (10.9) or all the newer versions. With this dashboard camera player, you can decide to pause, rewind, fast-forward or mark your videos for easy later viewing. Besides allowing you to play your videos on a computer, this software also gives you the freedom to view and organize all the files captured by your dashboard camera. What’s more? You can even save video frames as images for sharing and documenting using this reliable software.
10. Integrated Microphone
The Garmin Dash Cam 35 also comes with an integrated microphone to record all the sounds and commentary inside your car. However, a majority of customers claim that only the European version comes with a microphone. As we speak, most North America versions lack a microphone.
- This dash cam comes with a windscreen adhesive to mount it to the windscreen.
- Comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Compact design and fully portable to ensure effortless transfer from one vehicle to another.
- The lithium-ion battery can last for about half an hour even after unplugging the dashboard camera from the power source.
- It comes with an easy-to-follow quick start manual.
- Captures clear video.
- Can take pictures too.
- There is a button for manual recording just in case you see something worth saving besides a collision.
- It comes with a vehicle power cable.
- North American Garmin 35 Dash cameras lack the audio recording feature. However, this is not a big issue because a few people would like to record their private conversations while driving. In fact, recording people in your car without informing them in advance can be considered to be wiretapping.
- The power cord is pretty short to permit placing of the Dash Cam on top of the windscreen and running the cord around the outside edge of the windscreen to the power source. Nevertheless, you can purchase a longer power cord with approximately $24.99.
- The screen sometimes keeps shutting off with an error message indicating that the battery is low. To navigate this challenge, just switch the dash Cam off, unplug it from the power source, and then switch it on again.
With all the amazing features and the uncountable benefits of the Garmin Dash Cam 35, it goes without saying that this driving recorder is your true eye witness that neither blinks nor slumbers. Besides giving you peace of mind while driving, the Garmin Dash Cam 35 also ensures that you have the accurately documented evidence of all incidents that occur to help you in filing your insurance claims just in case of an accident. Before purchasing this device, it is vital to check the regulations in your region because some jurisdictions prohibit or regulate the use of this dashboard camera.